O Holy Night

This card is very simple but I was quite pleased with the end result. I tend to "fly by the seat of my pants" when it comes to "designing" cards, so results are varied.

I stamped a plain cream card using Cosmic Copper ink (Tsukineko's Brilliance line). I then heat embossed it using Stampendous's Translucence. It's a very subtle effect but so cool!

I bordered a strip of plain brown cardstock with gold-bordered green ribbons. I then stamped some cream-colored cardstock with the verse from Luke (using Memento Rich Cocoa) and cut it out using scissors that look like a sort of torn or ripped effect.

In retrospect, I could've stamped a separate piece of cardstock and distressed it and then pop-dotted it. I could also have distressed the card itself and the verse. Ah, well.

No comments: