Congratulations

Keeping in mind that Michael is a traditional man, having had the dream since elementary school to become a Doctor, plus wanting to lend an air of sophistication due to this career choice, and using the colours in his graduation photo, this is the end result. Michael may have been the one that went to school for eight years up to this point, but we both rejoiced in the achievment. I, because I had gone through it with him for seven years while being a stay-at-home-mom, having had three children by this time. So the "Congratulations" is for both of us. (Congratulations text done on the Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge)


I rounded oposing corners of the black paper and on the red the opposite corners. Then I box pleated the ribbon at the rounded corners of the black paper around the photo and the page trying to suggest a traditional elegance while adding a bit of softness.


The text here is computer generated directly onto the cardstock. I used a regular paper hole punch on the corners of the ivory paper. On the red paper I rounded opossing corners again. I do regret placing the brads in those corners since it hides the rounded corners a little. The idea here was to generate a "plaque" look.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the result.

No comments: