The Sophisticated Man

These are cards that I put together for this morning's class titled 'The Sophisticated Man'. In order to see the finer details click on each image to enlarge the photo.

.This one turned out to my favorite of the set.

On the Labels Four shape I used the spellbinders die frame and a black gel pen to trace the inner edge to create a fine black border. The black stamp and sentiment are two separate stamps, each stamped with Brilliance ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. When I made this card at home it was easy to create. However, in class this morning, we had problems with the ink not working well along with the embossing powder. I finally was able to get everything to work for the students, but it was frustrating at the time that this glitch happened while teaching a class. Now, it is something to chuckle about; after all life rarely runs smoothly. 


Tools

Spellbinder's labels Four
Brilliance lack Graphite ink
Clear embossing powder
Pearls
Black and Cream cardstock 

I had seen a card quite a while back that had this Rolled-back-frame where the paper was cut from nearly corner to corner and pulled back without folding it. While trying to come up with cards for a man this technique came back to me so I experimented with the concept and came up with this card.
 
TOOLS
Paper piercer
Craft knife/Exacter knife
Black GelPen
Versa Magic Wheat ink
Versa Magic Spanish Olive
Bronze brads
Darck Brown, and cream cardstock
 Double sided patterned paper

I just love the shiny masculine patterned paper for this next card..I used the second stamp technique to create the look of foliage in the background. This adds dimension to any stamped feature on a card.
TOOLS

Paper piercer
Versa Magic Jumbo Java ink
Dark Forest Green, Dark Navy, & Cream cardstock
Patterned paper 

This card was inspired from someone else's creation I had seen a while back. However, I was unable to find the blog, and person, to give proper credit to them. I did a couple of things differently.

I love the striped velum. I've had a package of it around for a few years and love using it when I can. Using my computer I printed onto the velum the sentiment.I just love using my 2 1/2" Xyron for adhering velum, amongst other things. The Birthday Wishes Labels Four frame - I covered the paper with Versa Mark and heat embossed it with clear. This darkened the color of the green cardstock while adding the shiny look for interest. Then using Spellbinders Labels Four cut the frame that fit over the same die cut shape for the 'Birthday Wishes" sentiment stamped with blue and heat embossed with clear powder.

TOOLS

Versa Magic Night Sky ink
Versa Mark
Clear embossing powder
Spellbinders Labels four
Cuttlebug
Xyron
Paper piercer
Bads
Rounded corner punch
Blue & Green cardstock
Striped Velum

Mariana Grigsby created an all red card, that I just loved. So this next one is a variation of her creation.( I like her all red card better)
 
Heat embossed ink resist technique is used in the creation of this card.


TOOLS

Versa Magic Jumbo Java ink
Versa Mark
White embossing pwder
Ink blending foam
Paper piercer
Spellbinders Labels One & Scalloped Circles
Cream & Bronze cardstock
Brown ribbon



So these are the cards I created to to teach different techniques while creating cards for 'The Sophisticated Man".

1 comment:

The Inked Stamper said...

Really enjoy your blog; great cards.