Thank You

A little too much glare form the flash to see the true colours. My daughter tells me that I'm obsessed with colours. I can't help it, It must be the artist and graphic designer in me that makes acuracy of colours important to me.

This is a little out of my sphere of colour coordination, but I took the lead from the floral flourish paper with the colours of biege, green, blue, red, and bits of brown. So I have here, a Red based card, where the main patterned papers used are backed with a light powder blue boarder base.

The 2 patterned papers I cut a rectangle, to the measurementrequired, and then cut diagonally creating the triangles to butt together. These triangles I pierced every 1/8" around the edges and connected the holes with a white gel pen to create the stitched look. Next, the ribbons, red and light green with white polka-dots, was adhered. Then the flower flourish I had cut form the paper earlier was adhered - parts directly onto the layer, but hte main flower flourish with Pop-Dots.

The "Thank You" sentiment was stamped on the red paper using Dew Drop Versa Magic Wheat, cut out, and then backed with a biege cardstock creating a thin border. The same was done for the snipped ends seperately. These where adhered right onto the card surface while the "Thank You" sentiment was adhered over this with Pop-Dots raising it from the sruface creating a banner-like look.

No comments: