Shades of Blue Card Gift Set - Scrapbookers Class





I thought that it would be fun to base a class on a color, so I came up with "Shades of Blue" for May 10th. In completing the cards, I figured that it would make a nice gift set and decided to include a card box. The cards are A2 (4 1/4"x 5 1/2") in size. I also kept in mind that these cards should be mailable so I did not do very much pop-dotting.


This anniversary card uses the technique of ink resist via heat embossing, applying ink and rubbing off the eccess ink over the embossed surface.

I used the following for this card:
-Spellbinders Labels One
-Heidi Swapp Swirl clear stamp heat embossed with white powder
-MSE - True Friends - butterfly - clear stamp heat embossed with white powder and cut out usung scissors
-VersaMark and Versa Magic Aegean Blue ink
-Pale blue ribbon and three light blue rhinestones



This "Thank You" card uses some Cuttlebug embossing and more Spellbinders.

In the creation of this card I used:
-Cuttlebug and special edition Checkerboard folder
-Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle and Standard Rectangle
-Fiskar's Apron Lace border punch (which is now broken so I may hve to use a different border puch for the class kits)
-MSE - True Friends (stemmed leaves)
-Versa Magic Sea Breeze and Clear embossing powder
-ribbon



This next card uses both the negative and positive parts of cut flower. When curving the flower petals it reveals the background color.

I used Cricut's Plantin Schoolbook cartridge to cut the flower out of the white cardstock. However, you could use a flower punch, or a die cut.

I also used:
-Cuttlebug Swiss Dot folder
-Liquid Pearls - Lemon Yellow
-Versa Magic Aegean Blue ink
-Fiskar's Apron Lace Border Punch (which is now broken and I may have to substitute with another border punch)
-Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper
-Yellow button and white embroidery floss
-Ribbon



This "Get Well" card I used a stamp on cardstock to create a background pattern and then cut circle using Spellbinders Standard Circles.Using the die I pierced holes about every 1/8th inch and with a gel pen connected the holes to create a stitching effect. I used the ruler to do the same around the edge of the card.

In the stamped flowers I used a clear Spica pen to fill in which darkened the color of the paper slightly and gave a bit of sparkle to the flower.

And for the card gift box, you may have seen this on our blog before. I just love this box and it is easy to make. I've even adjusted this pattern to fit different sized and thicknesses of cards.

1 comment:

Melissa Sauls said...

Oooh, what a fantastic grouping of cards! I looove shades of blue. :)