Inspiration From A Long While Back

One of my favorite Blogs to visit regularly is Yvonne's Paper, Stamps and Ink. She does some absolutely amazing work! Last December, she made a Christmas Gift Box with 4 little square cards in it. I loved it so much I had to make my own. Everything went well, but, I never quite finished the box, because at the time I figured I had to remake the lid, as I felt it was a tiny bit too large. So it sat around waiting to have a new lid made. Last week I remembered it again! I pulled it out and realized that if I wanted to have it for Nov. 27th's craft sale, I had to use the lid I had started and complete it, or not put it in the craft sale at all. I chose to complete it.

The box measures 4 13/16" square. 

The cards are  4" square, making them multi-purpose in the fact that they can be used as a unique small card, or can be attached to a gift as a gift card (with or without the envelope). I didn't photograph the little square envelopes I made, but each one is color coordinated with the cards, and to accommodate the thickness of the cards, I made them 4 1/2" square.


I'm still not sure, after nearly a year, if I should have made this one with the colors I chose. At the time I thought it would be nice to have one of the cards in the set be a more masculine one.

A little Copic butterfly.
A little pink Copic violet.
For a friend.
A side view of the many layers of these little cards.There are six popped up layers!

I used Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard circles, Classic Scalloped circles, and Borderabilities Lattice, and Opal White & Gold Liquid Pearls.

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope that you have a great weekend filled with Christmas preparations, and time for creativity and paper-crafting. I'm thinking that Christmas baking might be on the schedule, too.My Goodness! It is only 20 days from today!!

No comments: