Playing in Paradise Challenge #9: Banner Inspiration


Welcome to this week's banner inspiration challenge at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog!

I keep meaning to make a really fun banner card but haven't gotten around to it. But instead of taking advantage of this excellent opportunity to do a card, I decided to continue a Christmas banner that I started last year.

Having never made a banner before, I didn't know what I was getting in to...

After a few stumbles with the lettering, my project was late! Here is my currently-unembellished banner...


Perhaps I'll finish this in time for Christmas!?  ;)

I used the Birthday Bash cartridge with my Cricut to cut the pennants. The Blackletter cartridge, which I used for the lettering, is free on your Gypsy, along with several other cartridges, plus the exclusive Smiley Cards, Gyspy Wanderings and Gypsy Font "cartridges."

I inked around the pennants with Aged Mahogany and Pine Needles Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I used my Xyron to adhere the letters to their shadows. I love my Xyrons!

I adhered the ribbon and bows with Scor-tape. Scor-tape also turned out to be an excellent way to adhere the project to the wall!

Take a peek at what the other DT members cooked up!

Allison
Ally
Carla
Julie
Karan

Prize Info: This week there are two Stampavie stamp prizes! The winner will also be invited to participate in the next challenge with us as our Paradise Player!

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies}
  • Cardstock: red/green/black (Cricut paper - Provo Craft), white (unknown)
  • Ink: Aged Mahogany/Pine Needles (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Other Tools: Cricut/Birthday Bash cartridge/Gypsy (Provo Craft), Xyron Create-a-Sticker, black ribbon (generic)

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

How fun! I think I should start making some home decorating items with my Silhouette too!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, I love it! I did laugh at your escapades...sometimes I have a love/hate relationship with my bug as well! I still can't get that pesky sizing down...

The sad part...knowing the big season is 7 months away, I would likely procrastinate until it was time to decorate! :)

Dawn said...

Hee hee - look who is getting ready for Christmas too! I love your banner and can't wait to see the finshed project! Hope you post it when it is done. It is a very ambitious project (I might make one that says 'JOY' - way fewer letters lol)!

Hugs,

Dawn

Julie said...

LOL, I so agree with Dawn, that was one ambitious project! it looks fabulous already, I can't wait to see it once you have embellished it!