PTI Make It Monday: Clear Heat Embossing

I think it an awesome coincidence that this challenge also coincides with Papertrey Playhouse's current challenge! (I entered another card for that one here.)


A card for my aunt who is struggling with cancer...

I distressed this card on purpose--my husband said it looked like it was for an old lady. I clear embossed with Text Style first and then Embellishments. I die cut the Mat Stack 2 out and then stamped the sentiment on the Sweet Blush beneath, using the Hibiscus Burst strip as a guide. I inked the edges of the Hibiscus Burst strip and then rolled/folded the upper right corner... a trend I noticed from Julee Tilman and then Dana Seymour. I adhered the top using dimensional adhesive and added the pearls.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst
  • Stamps: Background Basics: Text Style, Embellishments
  • Ink: Versamark (Tsukineko), Smokey Shadow, Pumice Stone (Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
  • Dies: Mat Stack 2, small scalloped border
  • Other Tools: clear embossing powder (Filigree)

2 comments:

Karen B. said...

I think your card is absolutely beautiful! The distressing is a great touch.

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, and your your aunt will LOVE it! ;)