Thanks, Teacher!

Some cards and challenges I really have to work at, but this card just popped into my head.

I wish I'd stamped the alphabet background before assembling the card, masking only a portion for the sentiment, but this is how it worked out.


That ribbon stamping technique is from a Dawn McVey card.

The inside:


This card won't be given out until the end of the school year...


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select
  • Stamps: School Time, It's Official, Background Basics: Gingham, Teacher's Apple, My Silly Valentine (Lawn Fawn)
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark (Tsukineko), Pure Poppy, Palette Noir
  • Ribbon: Harvest Gold grosgrain
  • Copics: Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse trios
  • Other Tools: white gel pen, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

6 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh, this is darling, Dana!! I love that ribbon! I got some similar in Japan, but mine is ivory with red numbers. And it would figure we both had similar ribbon, craft-twin! ;)

farmhouse-story said...

dana, your card is just darling, and the stamped ribbon is something i have to try:)

Lynn said...

Dana,
I love how you finished the inside of the card too...this is adorable!

Krista said...

PERFECT card in so many ways.
just enough embellishment, all items work together and don't over power one another, love the ribbon stamping. LOVE the lines for writing the name inside. all together awesome!

Allison Rankin said...

This rocks my world Dana...gonna add this to Share the Mojo!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome teacher's card! Love the images. :o)