Happy Birthday to You and a Gift from the Kids

I've been sitting on this post for awhile, waiting for my stepmother's birthday to pass so I could share this with you (I'm not sure if she checks this blog or not but decided to err on the side of caution).  ;)

I really wanted to put my Papertrey Ink calendar tools to work: Calendar Page die, Calendar Basics stamp set and the Mini Calendar pages. I also really wanted to use my Year of Flowers stamps but decided to let my kids participate by stamping some simple images for them to color instead...













You can tell the difference between the ones my 5-year-old colored as opposed to my 3-year-old. I'm hoping my stepmom will want to put this on her work desk or something. :)

Here is the card I sent along with:

I used my living room couch cushion as inspiration:

 I tried using Edgers along the sides and bottom to create a sort of shaped card. I heat embossed the damask with black powder. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory... ;)


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}

Calendar:
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
  • Stamps: Calendar Basics, May-Bitty Baby Blessings/Butterfly Dreams, June-Up, Up & Away, July-Vintage Picnic/Boy Basics: Frog Hop, August-Lunar Lights (Lawn Fawn), September-Enjoy the Ride/Tiny Treats: Valentine/Boy Basics: Out of this World/Train Tracks and My Silly Valentine (Lawn Fawn), October-Heebie Jeebies (Lawn Fawn), November-Autumn Abundance/Fly Away/Daily Designs Sentiments, December-Bows and Holly (Lawn Fawn), January-Rustic Snowflakes, February-Heart Prints, March-My Silly Valentine (Lawn Fawn), April-Scattered Showers
  • Ink: a huge variety, mostly Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)... if you have any questions just leave me a comment ;)
  • Die: Calendar Page
  • Other Tools: Mini Calendar Pages, Corner Chomper-for the mini calendar pages (We R Memory Keepers), CD Calendar Case
Card:
  • Cardstock: True Black, Simply Chartreuse, Stamper's Select White
  • Patterned Paper (envelope liner): Bitty Dot Basics
  • Stamps: Damask Designs, Fillable Frames #10
  • Ink: Simply Chartreuse, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Versamark (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Edgers #1, A2 Envelope Liner
  • Other Tools: Bow-Easy (Posi-Bendr), black rhinestones (dollar store)

    4 comments:

    Krista said...

    absolutely perfect gift! great use of the PTI products and even better that the kiddos colored them background pages.

    Unknown said...

    What a great gift idea! I'm sure the kids loved being able to create such an awesome gift. I get a LOT of gifts from my daughter that are handmade, and I treasure every single one.

    Love your card too! ;D

    The Mama Monkey said...

    This is so sweet! She must have loved it!! And your card is fabulous as well!

    Laura (scrapnextras) said...

    Dana, this is the sweetest! I'm sure grandma will love it! It makes me smile...although, I panicked when I saw the white sofa after mentioning that you have 2 little ones. You are braver than I, and probably a better housekeeper LOL!