Card Patterns 130 and Colour Create 78 Challenge Entry

I'm so excited to once again be able to enter challenges. I've chosen to combine the Card Patterns sketch 130 and the Colour Create 78 challenges. The colours for the Colour Create challenge are red, kraft, and white or cream. I opted for cream. The Card Patterns sketch is to the right.

There are a few birthdays coming up at work and so I wanted to create a card that would be appreciated by a man as well as by a woman, which is why I chose the colour challenge at Colour Create to combine with the sketch.

Here is my card based on those challenges.


I kept the card fairly simple, but did take the time to score lines on the kraft base and the red Spellbinders squares. I scored the lines on all the pieces after cutting them. That way I could line them up with the score lines and keep the lines as perfect as possible within the shape. I even cut the oval out of the larger square before scoring it. Continuing with the scored lines theme, I used butcher string creating more lines.I debated whether or not to ink the edges of some of the pieces but decided not to in order to try and keep it a little more contemporary looking.

The only thing that I'm unhappy about is the fact that I stamped the sentiment on crooked. However, I didn't want to take the time to redo that piece for the card and left it as is.(As long as I don't see the card it won't bother me. Until, perhaps I come to addressing the card to someone. I'll have to wait and see if I end up redoing it after all.)

There are several fantastic cards that have been entered. You may want to check them out. Thanks for checking out my entry, and happy crafting!


3 comments:

Carla S. said...

Great card, Sabrina! I love the color combo and the clean style! The scoring looks terrific! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week!

Tigriswillreign said...

Oh, mom, this is gorgeous!! I didn't like this sketch much until I saw your version of it!
How did you get such a fab picture?

Liz's creative corner said...

Fab take on the colour challenge, love the clean look of it too, thanks so much for sharing with us at colour create, hugs Liz xx