Colour Create Challenge #90 - DT Inspirational


It's time for another challenge at Colour Create Challenge! It's my turn to host the challenge and I chose the inspirational photo some time in December when we where all up to our ears in red, white and green for Christmas. So, I wanted to choose colours that were more reminiscent of spring. I thought of snowdrops and crocuses - white and light purple, so when I came across this image I thought it to fit the colours and also inspire simplicity.

The challenge is to use this photo for inspiration using the colours of lilac, white, blue, and kraft, with the option of including a paper charm that you make yourself; preferably one with a little dimension to it.

This is my DT Inspirational design for the challenge.


The stripes on the right are 3/8" strips that I cut, lightly ink distressed, and placed side by side, as an element taken from the inspirational photo. I think the clean straight lines of the stripes work well in contrast to the lacy print on their left. After lightly ink distressing all but the white behind the patterns and the white base of the card, I assembled the card front and used a seamstress's tracing wheel to perforate around the edge.

I used the Forgetmenot digi print as my blue for the challenge and printed two. All the lightest blue blossoms I cout out of the second copy and popped up with dimensionals over the first print.


I did the same for the little bundle of flowers that I used for my optional charm.


At the top of the digi print I tore the white, and then the kraft at an angle. I then wet the torn edge with a wet paintbrush and using the bristles of the paintbrush distressed the torn edge even more. I dried it with my heat gun while slightly curling the edge. When dry I took my ink blending foam tool and lightly inked the tron edge with Tim Holtz's Distress Antique Linen.


The charm, after stringing it, I attached to the bow using a pearl pin with additional pearl beads.
Here is the card again.


I didn't use a sentiment on the card, because I want to add it later when I use the card. My plan is to stmp the sentiment on a tab to be placed on the right of the image under the charm, or on the left, depending on the length of the sentiment. This could be used for a number of cards - Mother's Day, Easter, Birthday, Get Well, Thinking of you...

I invite you to go to Colour Create Challenge and check out the other DT members' inspirational projects for this challenge. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your comment.




TOOLS & SUPPLIES

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress-Antique Linen
Ink Blender/Foam Sponge
Seamstress Tracing Wheel 
Paintbrush & water
Paper Piercer (for the hole in the paper charm to feed the floss through)

5 comments:

Julie said...

This is so fabulous!! Love the paper charm - and love it made of the flowers in your pic!! Gorgeous!! Juliexx

Unknown said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I really love the soft pastels!

Tammy said...

thank you for your visit and the refreshing colour scheme in the challenge. I had to think for a bit when putting my card together but, am really happy with the result. Its a combination I think I will use again

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is beautiful, love your paper charm.

Wendy -x-

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS card, Sabrina! I LOVE the distressed stripes----thought it was patterned paper until I read your post! And the popped up blossoms, hanging charm, and ribbon are FABULOUS details too!!! I also wanted to let you know that won the prize package I was giving away on my blog for the WCMD Winners Blog Hop!!!! Congratulations!! I need your snail mail info, so if you could send it to me at petrellas@hotmail.com that would be great!