Simon Says Stamp, PTI MIM, CR84FN and Young Crafter's Unite

Using CR84FN's color combo (graphic below) and Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday pocket card challenge, I whipped together something with the lovely Happy Hydrangea stamp set.


After measuring the dimensions to fit an A2 envelope,  I cut and scored some Spring Moss cardstock. Though I was this close to sewing it together at this point, I remembered to do my stamping first so the ink would not show up on the stitching. I considered several purples before deciding on PTI's new Winter Wisteria.


After sewing the edges, I recalled that I had wanted to cut out a small portion of the front to allow for some dimension. Thankfully, my 1 3/4" circle punch was able to slip in and do the deed.


I went back and forth about adding ribbon, as Heather did for her project. I decided to keep bulk down.

I am also entering this into this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge: Anything Goes and Young Crafter's Unite: Flowers.


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Spring Moss, Soft Stone
  • Stamps: Happy Hydrangea
  • Ink: Winter Wisteria, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow, Versamark (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: Happy Hydrangea
  • Other Tools: sewing machine/thread, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty pocket card Dana! Your stamped pocket looks fab and I love the beautiful blossom image! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Sue Lelli said...

Dana, this is so FABULOUS! LOVE the pocket and your PRETTY hydrangeas! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful pocket card!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!

febe said...

Awesome work for a pocket card :)

cheap limo hire sydney

victoria h said...

Love your pocket card, great idea to use the circle punch.

Marie said...

Great pocket card =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!