Christmas In July Series - August - Scrapbook Parade Class


Scrapbook Parade started a "Christmas in July Series" for making Christmas cards. The first class surprised me by filling up so quickly that we had to add a second class! Thank you Scrapbook Parade customers and friends. Now it's time for the second class of the series, with the inspiration being blues and silver - "Blue Christmas".


This first one is a bold combination of including red with the blue and silver. Love those Spellbinder snowflakes! I use them every Christmas.


This next card is bleach stamped, with Icicle Stickles added to the stamped snowflakes after drying.

The three Peace rings are silver embossed with Stickles applied around the inner and outer edges of the rings, and a large bow coming out from the center ring.

To do this step over again, I might try thinly spreading the Stickles over the entire ring rather than the way I did it here.

I was surprised at the colour effect of bleach stamping with this blue shade, as the practice stamping was done on a scrap from the above card with the result of the snowflake being just a little on the yellow side. However, on this blue cardstock it came out with a hint of pink.

The next images are detail photos of the same card.





This next one is my favorite of the four. Using one tree stamp I created a background of forest in blue using the second stamp technique. I lightly cover the trees with Star Dust Stickles. I tore some velum to create snowdrifts and again used Star Dust Stickles on the torn edges to give the snow a glistening look. I then added a pop-up silver embossed Christmas tree colouring in the garland with a blue gel pen and used one of the blue Stickles to fill in the ornaments.


The images below show close up details.


Lastly, is the aqua and silver card.


I tried to keep this one more CAS looking. I think this is my second favorite. I've had that aqua metal trim for a few years now, and am finally using it.

Well, thank you for stopping by to have a peek at this set of Christmas cards. It will be a fun class!


No comments: