Hot Off The Press Christmas Stamp Card Class - Scrapbook Parade



Hello blog friends! So nice of you to stop by today. You can have so much fun playing with stamps and seeing what kind of creative things you can come up with. I had so many ideas coming to me on what could all be done with this stamp set from Hot Off The Press. I had to keep telling myself to keep it simple and keep the thickness from pop dots and layering down to a minimum. Boy, was that ever hard. I don't know what it is that makes me want lots of layers and pop dots! I mean, sometimes I have to mail these things, so you'd think I'd be more careful!

Any way, these are the cards we'll be creating in class at Scrapbook Parade, for September 19th. I've included a photo of the stamp set we're using in class so that you can refer to them when you look at the cards.

So here goes.


Since in previous Christmas card classes we've used traditional red, green and gold, and then blues and silver, I thought I'd go with mostly white with this set of cards.

Let's start with the simplest card first.


The Poinsettia ribbon and sentiment medallion are the focuses on this card. Yes, I used pop dots...but only for two layers. I used a thinner pop dot and the card is very mailable. The gold medalion border is heat embossed, so nothing extraordinary for stamp useage here; I just turned the square to a diamond.

This card also didn't use the stamps in any special way. But I do love white embossing on white, so this is what I did.


I used Cuttlebug's Holly Ribbons embossing folder in the background layer and heat embossed the white oval over which I placed a laser cut Santa sled. I love the tiny jingle bells at the ends of the ribbon. This card has only one layer popped up!

Now we get a little more into the creative stamping.


Here I used two stamps to create the background pattern in green and red inks. I punched a scalloped circle in red and heat embossed the the three stamps in the circular lace sentiment. It looks better in real life.

With the next card I used some of the same stamps creating an overlapping border and stamped Merry & Bright within it. Again I used only one layer of thin pop dots. Aren't you proud of me?


For the background dry emboss I used the Cuttlebug Dots embossing folder.

And for our last card I used five of the stamps, again in red and green inks, and some Star Dust Stickles around the edges of the card as well as around the circle, which I hope you can see.


So this is it for my simple white cards and practising creative stamping. Thanks for checking it out, and happy crafting.


No comments: