New York Redo

I love this stamp from Penny Black. (This one and this one, too.) I justified purchasing the New York stamp because it happens to be an obsession of a friend. I thought it would make a lovely birthday card for her! (I can justify London and Paris, too!)

My first attempt at a card fell flat. It's a difficult stamp to work with; I didn't want to color it in. I decided to go for a monochromatic, rustic look but didn't like the colors I chose to ink the edges with. Messed it up quite a bit, too.


Rather than waste time trying to fix it/embellish it, I started anew.


Love these Label 23 dies from Spellbinders! I made the card base from the Grands. I inked the grass with Shabby Shutters and the sky with Weathered Wood. Using a Qtip, I filled in the trees and topiaries. It's difficult to tell in the photograph, but I used Glossy Accents on the girl to kind make her stand out. I messed up while stamping the sentiment and so sewed a strip on to cover it up. Draws more attention to it anyway. ;) I love the colors on this one much better!


{Supplies}

Attempt #1
  • Cardstock: Kraft, Fine Linen, Rustic Cream (all Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: New York (Penny Black)
  • Ink: Kraft (Papertrey Ink), Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger)
  • Impression Plate: Sunrise (Papertrey Ink)
New York
  • Cardstock: Rustic Cream (Papertrey Ink)
  • Stamps: New York (Penny Black), Gracious Vases (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Kraft and Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Shabby Shutters and Weathered Wood Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Ranger)
  • Dies: Grand Labels Twenty-Three (Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: Glossy Accents (Inkssentials), sewing machine/thread, decorative scissors, clear Spica (Copic)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness. incredible!