CASADIA

CASADIA is a card chain started by Wida. The starting card [pictured below] was created by Laura Bassen, which was CASE-d by Jennifer Rzasa. Wida was inspired by Jennifer's card, CASE-d it, and was inspired to start CASADIA!

Here is Laura's original beauty:


This card led to Meredith's creation:


I used to "work" with Meredith on the Papertrey Playhouse blog (now retired) so I was excited to follow her in this chain! ;)

The first thing that inspired me was Meredith's lace over her ribbon. So here was my first card inspired by Meredith's card:


A friend of mine is turning 40 soon and so I made 3 cards for my coworkers to choose from. This, my first attempt, was inspired by the "black" theme that is often associated with 40th birthdays.

It is impossible to tell in the photo but the flowers and leaves were misted with some Goosebumps which added a sort of "moist" look.


I added several "pages" to the interior for signing (a fabulous idea that I found here).

My second attempt was inspired by Meredith's distressing:


A more vintage-y card. :)

The third and final card will be in another post since it isn't part of this CASADIA inspiration chain.

Thanks for peeking! I can't wait to see what comes next! ;)



{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}

Card 1 - Exterior
  • Cardstock: True Black, Stamper's Select White
  • Stamps: The Sweet Life, Gracious Vases (sentiment), Fancy Flourishes
  • Ink: Fresh Snow, New Leaf, Pure Poppy; Memento Lady Bug, Brilliance Pearlescent Ivy and _________ (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: The Sweet Life, Stitched Mats - Rectangles (Lil' Inkers)
  • Other Tools: Pure Poppy satin ribbon, Goosebumps texture spray (Tsukineko), lace (dollar store)
Card 1 - Interior
  • Cardstock: Stamper's Select White
  • Patterned Paper: Pure Poppy patterned pack
  • Stamps: Big Birthday Wishes
  • Ink: Fresh Snow, Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
  • Dies: By the Numbers, Stitched Mats - Rectangles (Lil' Inkers)
Card 2
  • Cardstock: Vintage Cream
  • Patterned Paper: (K&Company)
  • Stamps: Just My Type (My Favorite Things)
  • Ink: Scattered Straw, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Just My Type (My Favorite Things)
  • Other Tools: lace (dollar store), Dark Chocolate buttons, Tonic paper distresser (Ranger)


7 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE them! The first one is simply *stunning*... the black is so striking, and I love the simplicity of your layout... PINNING!!

The second one is so beautiful - I love the vintage typewriter, and the little buttons tucked behind it are the perfect accents.

This was so fun - to see the chain go, and to see how you drew from my cards. I loved seeing these!! Thanks for the link :)

Wida said...

Well you don't mess around! What a great idea for a signature insert on the inside. I am going to check out the tutorial! You done CASADIA proud! Off to share on Facebook!

Sabrina said...

WOW! Dana! I love the two black cards, their are stunning and beautiful! Well done! (proud Mama - lol)

Sabrina said...

Woops - that's one card outside and inside - commented before reading it...

Pauline said...

Dana, these are both gorgeous! I love the take on Merediths card with the lace and ribbon, and the dramatic colour scheme really makes those beautiful roses pop.
And the vintage typewriter card is a great card for a guy or girl, great inspiration here!

Michelle said...

Oh, wow! Both cards are beautiful, but that first black card knocked my socks off. And the idea for multiple pages for signing is brilliant! Love this, Dana!

~amy~ said...

Both cards are wonderful...such fabulous takes of the Casadia! Love the multi pages on the interior of the first one...makes for a great group card.