CASE-ed Merry Christmas

I am head-over-heels in love with this card of Lynn's:


I love the monochromatic colors, the use of twine, and the layout.

I wanted to use up a brown card base I had lying around and match it up with some pink for an unconventional Christmas card.

Here's what I came up with:


I pulled out my cherished Bells & Boughs stamp set as well as Angel Pink and Hibiscus Burst inks (before stamping with the HB I stamped it on some scrap first to take the "edge" off the pinkness).

For the sentiment, I tried a technique from Heather of PTI. I inked my stamp using Versamark ink and then inked over it with Raspberry Fizz. I used Kaleidoscope embossing powder to give it shimmer. Love!!

I wish PTI had a darker brown cardstock available. I inked over the card base with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and then impressed it with the Woodgrain impression plate.

Thanks for stopping by!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream
  • Stamps: Bells & Boughs
  • Ink: Memento Angel Pink and Versamark (Tsukineko), Walnut Stain Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger), Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz
  • Dies: Stitched Mats - Rectangles (L'il Inkers)
  • Other Tools: Woodgrain impression plate, Kaleidoscope embossing powder (Stampendous)

3 comments:

Lynn said...

So glad you like that card! The woodgrain against the pop of pink on your card is fabulous!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Dana! Happy Holidays!

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Very elegant! Love the wood grain background!!

Merry Christmas!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa