"School's Out" May Vintage Layout

-May Vintage layout class - school memories. Aren't my granchildren adorable?

This class is scheduled mid May, and school will soon be out. Using We R Memory Keepers "Hall Pass" collection for a vintage layout makes this an ideal time for a vintage style school layout.


I debated whether or not to put all the banner strips I fussy cut onto the layout, but I knew that my grandchildren in the photos would like it, so I did any way.

Every edge in this layout, including the photo, were ink distressed along the edges, with the exception of the banners. Faux stitching is on everything but the photos and banners, using a dark brown pen. I used a combination of Tin Holtz Distress Tea Dye, and Walnut Stain ink pads (I wanted to use Vintage Photo, but don't have that one) and Inkssentials ink blending tool.

All the photos are double and some even triple matted. That means extra work and added weight to the layout, but it sure looks good.

Here are photos of each 12 x 12 side of the layout and a close up.



I used Chestnut Liquid Pearls on the ribbon tabs. (I didn't want to bother with brads, lol)
 

So there you have it for this layout. Thank you for checking in for a peek.

Happy papercrafting!





No comments: