Secret Garden Mother's Day Easel Card

-I've been waiting a long time to make some classes using the Graphic 45's Secret Garden collection, and here's one of four planned.

Hello everyone! I'm excited to show you this beautiful Mother's Day easel card made with some of the beautiful Secret Garden papers. Somehow, Graphic 45 and fussy cutting just seem to go hand in hand, and that's what I've done in the making of this card.


For the background I used the 8 x 8 'Leafy Treetops' and cut it down to 5 3/8" x 5 3/8". I then took the border that had been cut off and pieced it around the new size so that it would look like the original 8 x 8 framed piece. I should have taken a photo so that you could see the transformation. I'll try and remember the next time I do something like that.

Here are a few more views of the card from open to different angles. Here it is open - like an easel card is displayed.


More of a top view...


If you are wondering about that little chipboard charm I made on the left, it is for a box or special envelope that needs to be made for this very thick card.

More views...



And a close up of the fussy cut layers...


If you are interested, I have a short little video for you, too.



Thank you so much for stopping by to have a peek.

Happy Papercrafting!






No comments: