PTI Blog Hop: My Dear Friend

So many stamps, so little time! I took some crafty time with my PTI!



I chose the simplest and most unique bouquet color scheme for my first PTI Blog Hop card:

I started by impressing a frame into a Vintage Cream card base. I cut a plain circle out of scrap cardstock and used the negative die-cut to blend an ink border with Antique Linen and Old Paper Tim Holtz Distress Ink.

I used the Anniversary set Birds & Blooms to create the focal wreath. In order to soften the New Leaf and Limeade Ice inks, I stamped once on some scrap paper before stamping the flowers.

This is the first time I tried using paint on stamps! A fun technique that resulted in some pearlescent zing (difficult to appreciate from the photo)! I do like the bit of impasto that resulted!


The sentiment was stamped with Old Paper ink.

I added a touch of Clear Star gel pen to the New Leaf flower centers.

Thanks for peeking!


{Supplies--all Papertrey Ink unless noted}
  • Cardstock: Vintage Cream
  • Stamps: Birds & Blooms
  • Ink: Pinefeather, New Leaf, Limeade Ice; Antique Linen and Old Paper Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ranger)
  • Dies: Eyelet Circles, Standard Circles (both Spellbinders)
  • Other Tools: ink blending foam (Ranger), Pearl craft paint (Martha Stewart), Clear Star gel pen (Sakura)

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

How pretty...love this stamp set! Your colors worked beautifully with it. :0)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Dana! That wreath works so perfectly with that frame!

Sabrina said...

Lovely! Ye embossed die frame along with the beautiful wreath stamp is a great idea! And the stenciling too.

Nerina said...

Sooooo pretty! I love the embossed die as a frame, it's really perfect!

Annheidel said...

Very pretty! I love how you framed the wreath.

Nancy Penir said...

Lovely, Dana. Every time I see that stamp I love it more! So much you can do with it. Your touches of pearl are spectacular.