First Spectrum Noir Christmas Card Class

Now, you are probably wondering, "Why did she post this twice?" Well, I was killing two birds with one stone when creating these cards. One of which I made for the DT submission at the Christmas Card Challenge #39, which you saw Sunday, August 25th, and another one made for Scrapbook Parade's first Spectrum Noir Christmas card class. And that's what this post is all about.


I made both with the CCC#39 in mind where the challenge was to use punches. I made the one on the left first, and I think I may have gotten a bit carried away with the use of punches on this one.


The punches used in the making of this card are all Martha Stewart punches - (Around-the-Page) Holly, Alpine Snowflake, Himalayan Snowflake & Jingle Bell. A light amount of Star Dust Stickles were applied to the snowflakes, and Glossy Accents on the ornament held by the girl in the My Favorite Things a la modes Sparkling Season stamped image.
.
I actually did the inside of the card too. You get a peek of it with this next photo.


Did you see that I popped up the little bow on top of the ornament? Here is the detail of the punched jingle bells, and punched snowflakes.


Now this next one is my favorite of the two, and that is probably why I entered this one as my DT submission for CCC#39.


Isn't this mouse adorable! I had so much fun colouring him. The stamp is from Stampavie Tina Wenke titled 'Mouse With Ornament'. I paper pieced the center band in the ornament, used Star Dust Stickles on the scallops of the ornament, and a tiny bit of Glossy Accents on the candy cane.

The punches I used for this card are again from Martha Stewart - Himalayan Snowflake, Alpine Snowflake, and the edge punch Pine Needles. The star punch is a Fiskars punch. Here is a close-up.


Well that's it. It was a log post, so I'm glad you stuck it out.

In case you are a Spectrum Noir marker user, these are the markers I used for both of these cards, - BG6, BG4, BG2, BG1, EB1, TN2, FS6, CT4, CT2, DG3, DG2, GB10, GB8, EB2, DR7, DR3, DR1, IG1, FS3, FS2, True Black, IG10, IG8, IG6, IG2, Blender & a Palette.


Thank you for stopping by for a close look. Getting in the Christmas mode yet?

Happy papercrafting!




No comments: