Non-Traditonal Christmas Image - DT Christmas Card Challenge #38

It's challenge #38 over at Christmas Card Challenge this week, and the challenge is to make a Christmas card using non-traditional things/images. I decided to use an old favorite Hero Arts Flourish stamp, Winter Rose Die-Namics form MFT, and lots of velum and sparkle.


On the background piece of velum, I heat embossed the white flourish and while it was still hot, I immediately placed it onto a pre-prepared bed of glitter and pressed it down into it. Because of the heat the embossing is still soft and will accept the glitter. You have to do this right away, though, and have everything ready. Sometimes you may have to reheat to get the glitter into areas that were missed. Once you have tapped off the excess glitter, you reheat it to soften the embossing and get the glitter to stick better. Later when it has cooled you will see that when you rub your finger over it, most of the glitter says in place.


The leaves I again stamped and heat embossed in white, and then took my Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and coloured in the spaces in between. I love how the velum really softens the colours. I then fussy cut the leaves out.

After die-cutting the flowers, shaping them and assembling them, I added Star Dust Stickles around the edges and on the center stamen piece of the flower. The other die-cut piece under that I again coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers.

So this is my non-traditional Christmas card. I did have to keep the red, white and green though, especially since I used non-traditional colours last week!

Be sure to check out the Christmas Card Challenge blog to see all the DT submissions as well as all the entries! Remember, you don't have to go with non-traditional things/image, just as long as it's a Christmas Card!

Here are the links to the DT blogs so you can check out their designs.

Alanna -  DT coordinator 
Sabrina - That's me!
Sparkle-- Owner


Hope you are inspired to try out these techniques. Thank you for stopping by to have a look at today's DT submission. Happy papercrafting!



 

No comments: