Favourites of 2017 # 7 - Personal projects



Well, today is the last of the series for my 2017 favourites. I hope that you have been enjoying the overview of the past year. There were many class projects to choose from. At the end of 2018, I will not have has many to choose from as I am teaching fewer classes and freeing time to pursue other things like Family History/Genealogy, and so much more. I am missing teaching some of the classes I  did in 2017, but have a more balanced life, which is important.

On to the last category of my 2017 favourites - Non Class Projects & Personal Projects

This first card is on display at Scrapbook Essentials BC, but I may claim it to make way for new display items. This tall card was created using Graphic 45's Vintage Hollywood. You can see the original blog post here.


This next card is one of a small number I created for the March Open House at Scrapbook Essentials BC to announce being chosen as a Spellbinders Educator. It is still on display at the store. I think I will need to get all of my display projects out of the store to make room for new ones.

This turned out to be one of my favourites not only as a Spellbinders card, but as a Spectrum Noir coloured card as well. See more photos on the original post here.


This card was also made for the big reveal with the one above. It too is a Spellbinders stamp & dies card coloured with Spectrum Noir markers. (Love the little lady bug on the right) Here is the original blog post.


This next project I made for one of my daughters. I would normally not have purchased this collection, even though I am a Graphic 45 fan, but as soon as I saw it in the store, I knew what I would do with it. I am only showing three of the many photos here, but there are more and a video walk-through as well if you want some ideas. Here is the link.




This next card came not too long ago on my blog. It is a card made for my daughter's birthday. A Fall birthday, so I love the colours. Here is the original blog post for more details.


On the same blog post there is another card for another birthday for a 94th birthday! I made it using some scraps and leftover fussy cutting, so it was quick and easy. Detail and more photos, here.


Toward the end of Summer I came across ALTENEW! It was new to me, and I was edited to see all the beautiful floral stamps and dies they have. I finally purchased a set, Bold Blossom, and when I came across the November Challenge, I took the time to finally make something for the first time and enter the challenge. You can read more about it on the original post here.


After the above challenge, I decided to challenge myself and see if it would be possible to make a Christmas card using the same Bold Blossom set. I learned that you do not need to have a Christmas stamp (just a Christmas sentiment) to make a lovely Christmas card. See original post here.


These next two cards are again Christmas cards recently posted on my blog. I love the paper collection pad that these two cards were created with. You can read about the paper collection on the original post here. I made other cards with this adorable paper, but these two are my favourites.



For the last 2017 favourite is a Christmas card created using Spellbinders. I created the card to put on display for a Spellbinders Contest held at the store. I had fun experimenting a little with layering die cuts and working with non-traditional colours. See the posing here.


Well, that is it for my 2017 favourites! Thank you for going through all 7 posting of my favourites! Hope you enjoyed the review and are inspired to make more creations of your own.

I would like to let you know that there are plans in the works for a few new things to happen over the next couple of months. So be sure check back in every so often to find out what new things will transpire. A few of the details are still in the works, so I can not say what they are just yet. The one thing that I can tell you is that you can look forward to a new look on the blog! It seems that I need a change every so often.

If you are wanting to share your crafting goals for 2018 here in the comments, please feel free to do so. Sometimes when you share with someone, you are more likely to achieve that goal.

Till the next post, happy creating!








No comments: